Hiya hiya girls! How are ya? Today I am so excited because I am going to be doing my first hairstyle tutorial! (totally wasn’t too obvious by the title) I am doing my favorite version of space buns! Now since I already explain everything in the video below, I won’t go into a whole lot of detail right now haha.
I will provide you guys with a worded directions tutorial at the bottom of the post, and a video tutorial as well! I can’t wait to show you guys how to do this so lets do this!
*credits to my friend Olivia for helping me design my intro, hi livyyyy love youuuu 😁*
- Hair brush
- Parting comb
- 2 Scrunchies (Preferably around the same color)
- 2 Normal Hair-ties
- Bobby pins
Estimated time: 5-10 minutes
- Brush out your hair completely, then use a comb to straighten your part at the top of your head.
2. Use your fingers and comb to part two sections of hair at the back of your head.
3. Start on one side and pull the section of hair up into a high ponytail with a scrunchie, and make sure it’s tight enough to stay.
4. Tug on and pull out hairs around sides and front of face to loosen and give it a messier look.
5. Repeat steps 3, and 4 on the other side. You should now have 2 high ponytails on each side of your head.
6. Start with one ponytail and and spread out hair around the scrunchie making a “donut”. Make sure it’s spread as evenly as possible to try and cover the scrunchie a bit.
7. Put one hand around the “donut” and use the other to put a hair-tie around the bottom. Pull out and tug on the donut/bun to give it more volume and messiness.
8. Take the extra hair hanging down from the bun and bring it to the front of your face. Separate it into two sections and wrap the hair in separate directions around the bottom of the bun a couple times. (I normally have to wrap it 3 times.) Once you’ve only got a little bit of hair hanging at the back, pin it down with bobby pins to secure it.
9. Once again pull out or tug on hairs to loosen. Then repeat steps 6, 7, and 8 on the other ponytail.
10. You’re done! You should now have two beautiful and voluminous space buns!
How’d you guys enjoy this tutorial? Definitely let me know if you did this and i’d totally love to see some of your pictures of your beautiful DIY space buns! xD I had so much fun creating this and cannot wait to hear from you guys! Much love to my Chicken Nuggets,